April 15, 2009

Closer is the key.

The lack of sight and sound send me spinning off into the distance. So out of touch. So out of reach.

Closer is the key.

But there is no the door. No handle. No lock to hold me back. So I proceed.

Closer is the key.

I'm terrorizing. Agonizing. For what? For how long? I don't miss misery, but miss the warmth of something real. Something new and always true. Honest and kind. Vulnerable to the point of death to self so life can live as two.

Closer is the key.

All I have is this feeling. Never why or how or when to move, when to leap. The elevation is astounding, and I'm afraid of heights. Afraid of living out my dreams.

Closer is the key.

Despite the fear, inspired ears are deaf. Deaf to all that fails. The trust I lost in myself. My heart. My mind. I miss you more than anything right now.

Closer is the key.

No comments: