January 21, 2008

Thoughts From Behind The Pew #1

Taken.
Candlelit.
Power out.
Streetlight dim.
High beam low.
Cruise through leaves with midnight glow.
Hills to home.
Roads alone.
Search for distance close.
Further from the past.
First to come from first to last.
I allow what you can stop.
Hold it out.
Holding down.
I'm your will and you're my soul.
Press your poets from mad gone sane.
Mumble sounds that form my days.
Many pockets but not enough change.
Turn from ears that hear my pain.
Step in front of feet that praise.
Here we go.
Another siren blares.
Have you been safe?
You raised your hand.
Your schools don't teach what trees will grow.
This skepticism stirs in concert halls.
Crawling up the wall of life.
Stripping down the ceiling fans.
Spinning round and round your clapping hands.
Worship more or worship less.
Chatter sings when you confess.
For what I bring is what you bless.
The law, the call, the sit, the stand.
The walk, the run, the sleep, the dance.
Underline the mystery.
Highlight the shame.
Dive into the empty pools of gospel homes.
Bells ring wet with tone.
Swimming with despair.
But shifting with her hair.
Out of her eyes.
Blind from mute to bind.
Vibe with bribes that vibrate skies.
Faking faker frowns.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you definitely wrote this last night. I remember the sirens blaring, I thought they would never end. I like the flow of this, also the growth and variation in length of the lines. Next time you should write a poem at the red, thats what I did last year