December 26, 2007

Still

I see them slow. I see them right. Never will I find a place quite like this.

An observation discovers far more than what I thought.

For this is how I think; so calm, so quiet, enough.

However the weather may storm, I fought for crooked chores with broken arms. Sending away the sinking ship. Laughing away the bitter sweet. Floating down, falling asleep, drifting into dreams.

Send me a smile, a face, a charm. Still, but not quite. Home, but still bright. My eyes are open. Give me sight. Give me rest. At last. I might.

Gone with a trend. Far from a friend. Ever so slightly the wind, the trees, the autumn leaves are bare. The winter has come.

And now for the sun, a glimmer, a dance, a song.

Sing it soft.

My ears are shallow, beneath the surface.

With hope.

With love.

A chance.

No comments: